Sunday, June 06, 2010

Trip to See Shuttle Launch (STS-132)

Lewie and Elaine accompanied Jessica and I on a trip to Florida to watch the launch of STS-132 on May 14, 2010. This was my third attempt to see a shuttle launch, so I was very skeptic as to whether or not the flight would actually occur on schedule. Well, I guess the third time was a charm! It went off right on time and the experience was AMAZING! It shook our clothes and and you could even feel the heat!

I was lucky enough to score some special seats on the Space Shuttle Program Manager's Bus. This allowed us to watch the launch from the Banana Creek Viewing Area. Afterwards, we hung out in Cocoa Beach for a few hours to let the traffic die down. Then, we spent the rest of the weekend at the Hilton Orlando enjoying the pool, food, and good company. It was a great weekend getaway! (In case you're wondering, Jaxson spent the weekend with my family in East Texas. I think he had more fun than we did!)

On Space Shuttle Manager's Bus!

Jessica, Lewie, and Elaine in the Saturn V Exhibit at Banana Creek

Elaine, Cody, and Lewie

Pre-Launch

Blast Off!

Post-Launch Smoke Plume

No comments: